Wednesday, May 24, 2006

We Just Can't Get Enough

It's always nice to come back to something after you've been away. Reacquainting feels good.

Tonight I got reacquainted with an old friend. It felt good to get his email this morning. To hear his voice on my voicemail. And to finally see his name on my caller ID. I love talking to this friend. He doesn't tolerate my complaining or my excuses. And while he does indulge me with bragging priveleges, he doesn't make a big fuss about my accomplishments.

We couldn't talk for very long. He was boarding an airplane and I was heading out the door to run. (For the first time in a few days.) I was reluctant at first, but our phone call reminded me that it feels good to get reacquainted.

And after a couple of easy miles, "I get a feeling, you get a feeling, we got a feeling, like we're alive."

Planned Distance - 4 Miles
Actual Distance - 4 Miles (Treadmill, 0.5 Incline)
Total Time: 34:40
Average Pace: 8:40/mile

And now that we're back into the groove? Well, we just can't get enough.

- "Mother We Just Can't Get Enough" by The New Radicals. From the Album, Maybe You've Been Brainwashed, Too.

(I know, I know. But as cheesy as this song is, I really just can't get enough!)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It is fun to get reaquainted with old friends. Good luck with yours. Hopefully you guys will continue to keep in touch.

a.maria said...

oh, fun. that is fun.

you know what else is fun?! meeting friends for the first time. kinda like what WE'LL be doing in A WEEK. (you did get the pasta party email invite, right? and when do you get to town, cuz i'll be getting into SD wednesday night... etc.. yadda...)

anyway, what is also fun is confusing everyone in your post and making them think you're running Nike again. when in fact --- i'm not! i was just volunteering at the kick-off meeting!

anyway. have a good one more last weekend before SD!!!!! weeeeeee!

(apparently its also fun to leave really long comments on people's pages!)

pookalu said...

i have a friend whom i talk to every once in a while, he usually calls when he's roadtripping.

but i totally understand the feeling!

Joe said...

> (Treadmill, 0.5 Incline)

I noticed the 0.5 incline setting. Did you get that tip from the book Chi Running? I believe the book recommends a slight incline to help with your form.