Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Must, I Must...

Even though hardly anyone was going, and I had a run scheduled, I went to the Happy Hour. Because I'm new, and I want to be friends/friendly with my co-workers. Because I think it's important.

And I had a drink. And a protein bar. And a good time, actually. I'm glad I went. And after that drink, I excused myself and began the walk to the gym. And I wasn't even bitter about it.

I got to the locker room, I secured a locker, I started to change, and then annoyances of all annoyances, I find NO SPORTS BRA in my bag.

You men have it so effing lucky...

To apply a positive spin to my frustration, I walked home vowing to continue to run like hell until my boobs fall off. Damn that stupid seventh grade exercise!

6 comments:

running42k said...

You ordered your drink with a sports bar? Was that instead of an umbrella?

I'm not going to touch the sports bra comment.

Brooke said...

Nic, I am so with you!! If I could take back every second of wishing "they'd" get bigger, I would.

pookalu said...

sometimes i wear a sports bra for yoga...but that's to push everything down...

(even for all the free beer (oh, wait, i don't drink) in the world, i still can't stand work happy hours....but it's good that you tried!)

Spikey1 said...

I hate when I leave my sports bra at home! (replace bra with socks) LOL

a.maria said...

ditto your post!

Anonymous said...

Dad says .... First off -- it was the Purdue Chicken -- not the 6th grade exercise that did it -- all the hormones shot into those chickens to give them big, lovely, white-meat chicken breasts! (If you only would have eaten more meatballs and Italian sausage instead of chicken ... you wouldn't have these problems.) Second, we young men had to wear "athletic supporters" when we went to the gym to protect the ... well, you know, the jewels! And until you experience a little "deep heat" in the AS during HS gym class, you don't know what hot is! Ah, the old HS experiences ... Love, Dad