Saturday, February 04, 2006

Just a Half

Today one of my best friends from college called. It went like this:

Him: "Hey! How's SF? What are you up to?"
Me: "Hi! Good, good. Everything's good. Right now I'm walking back to my apartment from yoga and a quick run. It's pretty gorgeous here today."
Him: "Man, it's snowing in Chicago... ...So you've been running a lot?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm racing tomorrow, so I just did a short easy run today."
Him: "A race?! How long is it?"
Me: "Oh, just a Half."
Him: "A half?"
Me: "Oh, um, a half marathon..."
Him: "Right, just wake up and run 13 miles before noon. You're an idiot."

It is not my intention to belittle the Half Marathon. I'm sure that come Mile 11 tomorrow, I am going to wish it was Mile 13.1. But I really DO feel like tomorrow is ONLY a Half Marathon.

Which is kind of cool, you know?

Now if only I could find some safety pins for my bib number...

3 comments:

walchka said...

Good Luck! You think today in only a half? You are one hardcore runner. :) Have a good race!

running42k said...

Goodluck on the race.

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... I hope you did a PR in your half run today. Congratulations in advance. Last night we had a mix of family (F's and H's) over to say goodbye to Australia. We had hoagies and wraps and lots of ice cream for dessert. Today for breakfast we had Scrapple -- Australia likes scrapple!
Finally, we are taking Australia to a Super Bowl Party tonight at the home of the HamAm. Should be fun. Love Dad.