Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Where is IT?

Not too very long ago, I was lying on my bed and staring at my ceiling. Wondering how the hell *IT* had just gotten all so out of control. I'm not exactly sure what that IT was. Combination of little ITs, I guess. Regardless, I hated IT. IT didn't feel right. IT was affecting my mood. I think IT was also affecting my wardrobe.

However I'm positive that IT was infringing upon my social life. The DC crew never would have tolerated IT. But all the way out here in San Francisco, where I don't really have any friends who tell IT like IT is without worrying about hurting my feelings (funny what constitutes REAL friends at this age...) no one said anything about IT. Eventually, though, even I had to confront IT. Because IT was making me sick of myself. So I set out to get rid of IT.

And now it's February. 28th. February will be finished in two and a half hours. And I just realized that I have no idea where the hell IT is. Did IT wander off? Or did I throw IT away? Did I just lose IT somewhere? IT could be anywhere, really. But where do I start to look for IT? I'd trace my steps, but there's a lot of steps to retrace...

February Miles Run: 123
February Miles Walked: 86
February Miles Elipticaled: 5
February Hours Spun: 3
February Hours Bikram: 12

I haven't really given IT much thought these past couple of months. Maybe I still thought about IT in January, but not really in February. I still don't have an effing clue what IT really was, nor do I know why IT was bothering me so much. I don't plan on ponder pondering IT much further, though. I'm glad IT is gone. I feel pretty great without IT on the brain. (Or on my chest, or pressing into my shoulders. Not to mention squished up inside my jeans...)

If I do find it, though, I'll put IT up on e-Bay. I hear they sell IT. Right? Not that I'd wish IT on anyone, but I'm done with IT. For good.


8 comments:

running42k said...

IT I don't really know about. I know at work here that they have a lot of something that rimes with IT but has to other letter in the front.

pookalu said...

i have a guess as to what IT is, but it's good that you forgot about IT, or that you're no longer worrying about IT.

esp. after all those steps!

Spikey1 said...

IT comes and IT goes each and every day for the rest of our lives!

Brooke said...

If you find IT, will you let the rest of us know. I've been trying to find IT, or lost IT, or leave IT behind my entire life, and once one IT is resolved, another comes along to take it's place.

Nic said...

Didn't mean to confuse everyone!

I guess IT is just all the stupid little things that you let get you down... Many of which for me involved moving all the way across the country. Job stress. Unemployment stress. Financial stress. Friend stress. Lonely stress. Homesick stress. Extra couple of pounds stress. New roommate stres. Jeans shopping stress...

You know, all those things that I no longer let bother me. :)

Jay said...

You know for a split second I thought you had hurt your IT band. Good thing to know that that IT and all the other ITs are not getting at you.

Anonymous said...

As dad always says ... don't worry about IT -- and now I will add ... because IT won't worry about you either.

a.maria said...

girl. whats funny? i knew exactly what IT was the moment you mentioned it.

IT is what i had enough of and decided to get rid of two weekends ago. the presence of IT is what keeps me fighting everyday for a life without IT.

IT is why i might be doing that (shhhhhhhh) thing i just mentioned in another comment.

IT sucks. but IT can be the cause of some amazing change!