Saturday, February 11, 2006

On the Radar

The scenery was nice. So nice that it actually looked like scenery. Painted on a canvas. The coolest, crispest blue to contrast the warmest red arches of the most beautiful bridge. Flecks of white scattered throughout a deep navy blanket that silently rippled in the background. It was a perfect back-drop for my first "performance" in more than a few days.

My right hip felt kind of tight. And my left foot was kind of crampy. My breathing was a little too heavy. And my pace was hella slow. Ker-plunk. Ker-plunk. Ker-plunk. But what was most odd was my virtually non-existent balance. All over the map!

However it's better to be all over the map than to not even show up on the course radar. And it's great to be back to my cold-free self.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... Dance on!

walchka said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and you were able to go out and run. It might not have been a great run, but it sounds like just being able to run was good enough.

Oh and your previous post about skinny family member and your true/false statements was quite entertaining. :)

Spikey1 said...

You gave it to me :(